Get the Perfect Space with an Outdoor Kitchen
Posted on 06/05
Today, more homeowners are looking to create the perfect outdoor space that mimics the same style and practicality as the inside of their home. An attractive and practical outdoor living space gives families a convenient getaway, and a great reason to eat at home! One way to achieve that is with an outdoor kitchen in your own backyard.
According to a recent survey by American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA), outdoor kitchens are one of the top five Outdoor Design Elements that are in highest demand, coming just after outdoor furniture. This means that it has a strong return on investment ranging from 100% – 200%, according to CNN Money and Remodeling Magazine.
If you are thinking about installing an outdoor kitchen, here is a list of considerations that are sure to make the process easy and problem free.
- Resources – You may want to hire an expert(s) – this team could include a designer, landscape and/or residential architect and a construction specialist.
- Utilities – It’s a must to include these professional services – natural gas, propane, electricity, plumbing and cable tv.
- Featured Amenities – TVs, speakers, phone charging station; outdoor cooking appliances like a sink, built-in grill, pizza oven; and refrigerator are just a few additions that will make your outdoor space more entertaining.
- Heat Sources – Cozy up your outdoor area with fire pits, heat lamps and patio heaters from spring through to the fall season, perhaps in the warmer winter season too.
- Storage Space – Shelving, cabinets and drawers will keep your kitchen organized and protect your cooking utensils from rain and other inclement weather.
- Plants/Planter Boxes – Flowers will add a pop of colour and lend some ambiance to your outdoor space, and planted nearby herbs are easily accessible when cooking.
- Coverings – Keep your outdoor area comfortable on hot days with pergolas, awnings, canopies, shades, umbrellas or retractable outdoor blinds.
- Flooring – Consider pavers, tiles, planks, decking, flagstone, geckos, stone, slate. All of these options contribute to a more stylish outdoor kitchen space.
Whether you are interested in simply sprucing up your backyard with a barbeque and some new patio furniture, or you’d like a full backyard transformation, following the list above will help you to achieve a comfortable and stylish outdoor living space. This not only adds a beautiful aesthetic to your home and extends your living space, but it adds great value to your home.